PREPARATION: 15 MIN
COOKING: 30 MIN
READY IN: 45 MIN
- 500g minced pork or chicken
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 can Por Kwan brand minced crab in spice. (other half of the can will be used for the soup base)
- 200g peeled prawns finely diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 2 tbsp SUNGHUE chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 800g pork or beef bones (or 6 chicken drumsticks instead)
- 2 litres water
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 of 400g can Por Kwan brand minced crab in spice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp SUNGHUE chilli sauce (the key ingredient)
- 1 x 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 4 tomatoes cut into thick wedges
- 1 packet rice vermicelli noodles
- Diced spring onions
- Finely chopped coriander
- Torn mint leaves
- Combine all ingredients to a large mixing bowl including the SUNGHUE chilli sauce.
- Soup base
- Clean the pork or beef bones by rinsing in water and placing in a large stock pot. Add 2 litres of water to the pot and bring to the boil.
- To the pot, add the chicken stock powder, crab mince in spice, fish sauce and SUNGHUE chilli sauce. Return to the boil, then turn down the heat to low and slowly simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the canned and fresh cut tomato to the pot. Using a spoon, shape the mince mixture into balls and place them into the pot. Bring soup to the boil and cook the meatballs for 5 minutes.
Boil the rice noodles for about 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain, then rinse in cold water. Microwave noodles for 1 minute, stir, then microwave for another minute and set aside. Microwaving the noodles will remove excess moisture.
In a serving bowl, place the noodles and then paddle in the meatballs, tomato and soup from the pot. Ass more SUNGHUR chilli sauce if desired. Add garnish and serve immediately.